Hohner Marine Band 1896 Harmonica - Key of C (1896BX-C)
* Key of C Major
Introducing the one-of-a-kind, the unmatched, the genuine. Since the start of blues music, the Marine Band 1896 has stood as a constant symbol of musical excellence. Additionally, this harmonica, loved by artists such as Little Walter and Bob Dylan, remains the ultimate choice for aspiring players.
With over a century of German craftsmanship and tradition behind it, the Marine Band harmonica has earned universal acclaim for its rich tonality, extensive range, and unique wooden comb. Moreover, embrace the timeless Marine Band legacy and let your musical expression become an important part of its ongoing story.
Started in 1857 by Matthias Hohner in Trossingen, Germany, Hohner has become a well-known family business. From the beginning, Hohner has been praised for its meticulous craftsmanship and unwavering commitment to excellence. Today, Hohner is a top brand in the harmonica industry, with its products available worldwide.
Hohner harmonicas resonate through various settings, from the vibrant streets where buskers captivate passersby, to the intimate ambiance of nightclubs, and even the grandeur of festival stages and esteemed venues like Carnegie Hall. While Hohner offers a diverse range of harmonicas tailored to different music genres, it is their straightforward, 10-hole diatonic models that have gained widespread acclaim.
- Tuned to Key C
- Marine Band 1896 embodies the original design and is almost unaltered since it was patented in 1896, producing the same great sound
- As with the traditional style, the reed plates on the Marine Band 1896 are fastened with nails
- Creates the desired blues sound with curved covers and side vents
- Reduced swelling and clearer sound with a double lacquered comb made from pearwood
- Made famous by players from Little Walter to John Lennon, Paul Butterfield to Bruce Springsteen, and more
* NOTE - For Health and Safety concerns, Harmonicas are non-returnable *