Kanile'a Willie K ST5 19" Super Tenor Ukulele Premium Curly Koa "Kahiku" with Low G and High G - Made in Hawaii
This Willie K 5 String is one of the coolest instruments I have ever played or had in my store. If you want a premium instrument with a big, bold, unique sound due to both the low g and the high g and the super tenor body, then this will be a ukulele you cherish forever.
R.I.P. Willie K who passed away May 18th, 2020 at 59 years young.
The legendary musician William Awihilima Kahaialiʻi, known as Willie K won 19 Nā Hōkū Hanohano awards (the Hawaiian version of the Grammy's) and was nominated for a Grammy for Best Hawaiian Music Album award.
But more importantly, Uncle Willie was known for being a truly inspirational musician who put aloha first and has helped to inspire an entirely new generation of artists. His presence, his voice and his beautiful music will be sorely missed.
Kanile'a did an amazing job with this 5 string super tenor ukulele that was by Willie when he use to performed and now pays as a tribute to the legend.
The Kanilea Willie K signature 5 string ukulele uses a super tenor body, has 5 strings (G-G-C-E-A with low g and high g), premium curly koa, bevel cutaway, ebony armrest, slotted Cobra headstock, Willie K. Maui Tribe Rosette in Black and Koa and a 19" scale length that gives you a longer neck and the extra space between the frets is really comfortable and easier to play.
Kanile'a is unique in making these Super Tenor Ukuleles. With the wider body and the wider lower bout they help give this ukulele a bigger and fuller sound. If you like a bigger bodied instrument and sound with some extra bass response the Kanile'a Willie K 5 String Super Tenor will serve you well.
- Super Tenor 5-string `ukulele - Low G and High G (called re-entrant G)
- Premium Curly Koa deep body
- Graphite rod in the neck
- 19″ Scale Length
- 1 1/2" Nut Width
- Cobra Slotted headstock
- Ebony Bevel cutaway & armrest
- Willie K. Maui Tribe Rosette in Black and Koa
- Black front binding
- Ebony fingerboard, bridge and head plate
- Side position markers only in sand
- Willie K. signature sand inlay on fingerboard
- Sand logo
- Gotoh Stealth Cosmo Black tuners with Kanile`a knobs
- Black TUSQ graphite infused nut and saddle
- UV cured Gloss Body
- Satin Silk Neck Finish
- Music Area Deluxe Padded Gig Bag ($149 Value)
- TRU-R Bracing
- Made in Hawaii
- TUNED: G-G-C-E-A with Low G and High G
UKE LIKE THE PROS ADVANTAGE:
- Free Month Premium Membership at ukelikethepros.com ($29.95 Value)
- Each Instrument Inspected and Played Before Shipping
- Free Music Area Deluxe Padded Gig Bag ($149 Value)
- Free Kanilea Setup - Custom Setup RECOMMENDED (See Below)
- Free Fully Insured US Shipping to Lower 48
- Free World Famous Candy Pack
- Free Uke Like The Pros Chord Chart
- Free Uke Like The Pros Microfiber Cloth
- Free Uke Like The Pros Sticker
- Usually Ships in 1-2 Days, Sometimes Same Day
- Will Ship Fully Insured Anywhere In The World.
- Kanile'a Backed Warranty
* CUSTOM SETUP - Each Kanilea comes with a factory setup BUT I strongly recommend adding a setup especially if you want the easiest playability, have arthritis, or are particular about your setups and want a low action (how close the strings are to the fretboard) please click the "ADD Custom Setup" on this page.
* REQUIRED FOR WARRANTY - I cannot stress how important a humidifier is and I HIGHLY encourage you to get one. No matter where you live humidifiers not only protect your investment but also help the warranty process go smoother because you have taken the steps to ensure the safety and protection of your ukulele. If you ever have to file a claim with Kanilea the first question they will ask if you have a humidifier.
* Either the Oasis OH-18 (OH-32 for extra dry areas) or the Boveda Humidifier are recommended and available here at store.ukelikethepros.com. Click "ADD Humidifier"
*A PICKUP (several brands available) - click ADD Pickup . Normal install times are 2-3 weeks. If you want your instrument sooner please use the RUSH pickup option.
*NOTE - You will receive the Kanile'a that is in the PHOTOS