Kanile'a OHA ST Premium Super Tenor Ukulele "Virgo"
NEW FOR 2019: the Oha is the answer for those wanting to take the next step to a Hawai`i handcrafted `ukulele. Its TRU-R modified bracing system, bridge pin set up, 1-1/2 inch nut width and UV cured Natural finish give you the Kanile`a sound you’ve come to love. The mix of solid woods: koa, mahogany, walnut, and poplar make it an instrument anyone can afford.
In answer to customer and dealer feedback, Kanile`a `Ukulele introduces the Oha Series for 2019. This Kanile`a, handcrafted in Hawai`i, is perfectly priced for the `ukulele player who wants a median-priced Hawaiian instrument.
This solid body Kanile`a is built with genuine Mahogany back and sides with a select Koa soundboard. A Walnut fingerboard and bridge combo make this a perfect gift to ship overseas CITES-free. And the Oha comes with a modified TRU-R (Total Resonating `Ukulele-Redesigned) bracing system. Created by Kanile`a founder and master luthier Joe Souza, the TRU-R bracing system’s touch-release-touch set up guarantees an incomparable resonance and sustain while properly supporting and strengthening the integrity of the instrument’s body. It is completed with a UV Cured Natural finish.
“We quietly introduced the Oha at Winter NAMM this year,” says Kanile`a sales director Nainoa Gibson, “and the response was phenomenal! Like every Kanile`a, people fell in love with the look and the sound of this `ukulele. But it’s the price point that made all the difference.”
Oha has several meanings in Hawaiian. It means “spreading and thriving.” It also means to “show affection and joy.” The creation of this Kanile`a off-shoot is to spread the joy of playing and owning a fine Hawaiian handcrafted instrument at an affordable price.
- Solid Koa Top
- Solid Mahogany Back and Side
- Tenor Scale Length 17 Inches
- Nut Width 1 1/2 Inches
- Super Tenor Sized Body (wider lower bout)
- Solid Mahogany Satin Neck
- Walnut Fingerboard, Bridge and Headplate
- Kanilea TRU-R Bracking System
- Chrome Kanile`a open geared tuners
- Compensated Saddle
- New Kanilea UV Natural Satin Finish
- Black Poplar Fret Markers
TERRY CARTER MUSIC STORE ADVANTAGE:
- Free Month Premium Membership at ukelikethepros.com ($29.95 Value)
- 10 Point Inspection On Each Instrument Before Shipping.
- Free Uke Crazy Hard Foam Case ($49 Value)
- Free Fully Insured US Shipping On Orders Over $400 to Lower 48
- Free Kanilea Factory Setup - Custom Setup RECOMMENDED (See Below)
- Free World Famous Candy Pack
- Free Uke Like The Pros Chord Chart
- Free Uke Like The Pros Microfiber Cloth
- Free Uke Like The Pros Sticker
- Usually Ships in 1-2 Days, Sometimes Same Day
- Will Ship Fully Insured Anywhere In The World.
- Kanile'a Backed Warranty
* CUSTOM SETUP - Each Kanilea comes with a factory setup BUT I strongly recommend adding a setup especially if you want the easiest playability, have arthritis, or are particular about your setups and want a low action (how close the strings are to the fretboard) please click the "ADD Custom Setup" on this page.
* REQUIRED FOR WARRANTY - I cannot stress how important a humidifier is and I HIGHLY encourage you to get one. No matter where you live humidifiers not only protect your investment but also help the warranty process go smoother because you have taken the steps to ensure the safety and protection of your ukulele. If you ever have to file a claim with Kanilea the first question they will ask if you have a humidifier.
* Either the Oasis OH-18 (OH-32 for extra dry areas) or the Boveda Humidifier are recommended and available here at store.ukelikethepros.com. Click "ADD Humidifier"
*An Lr-Baggs 5.0 Pickup can be installed for $250 - click ADD Pickup . Normal install times are 2-3 weeks. If you want your instrument sooner please use the RUSH pickup option.
*NOTE - You will receive the Kanile'a that is in the PHOTOS