Guild Starfire I DC Hollow Body Electric Guitar - Cherry "Chuck"
Guild’s most iconic electric guitar is now available to a whole new range of players. Expanding on the double cut body shape made famous by the Guild Starfire, the Starfire I DC features semi-hollow body construction utilizing a mahogany center block for reduced feedback and clear sustain. Retaining the airy, crisp tone you would expect from a semi-hollow body, The Cherry Starfire I DC features an elegantly arched mahogany top, back, and sides; while the Pelham Blue model features an elegantly arched maple top, back, and sides. The 24 3/4” scale length and modern thin “U“ neck profile provide a fast, smooth playing neck, while the 18th fret neck-to-body joint provides easy access to the upper register of the fretboard. Premium Guild Vintage 18 tuners with 18:1 gear ratio and Tune-o-matic bridge ensure the strings are accessible and in tune. Rich, vintage tone is injected by Guild’s own HB-2 Alnico II humbuckers, and the push-pull coil splitting feature allows for singing, single coil tones from either pickup. All of these features come standard on the Starfire I platform. Available in Cherry Red. For those looking for something a little extra, the Starfire I DC GVT comes equipped with Guild’s vibrato tailpiece featuring a roller tension bar for additional tonal versatility. Available in Pelham Blue.
- Body Type: Semi-hollow Body
- Body Shape: Starfire I Double Cutaway
- Body Top: Arched Mahogany
- Soundhole / F Holes Binding: Unbound F Holes
- Top Purfling Inlay: 2-Ply Black and Ivory
- Top Binding: Ivory ABS
- Body Sides: Mahogany
- Body Back: Arched Mahogany
- Back Purfling Inlay: 2-Ply Black and Ivory
- Purfling: 2-Ply Black and Ivory
- Body Binding: Ivory
- Upper Bout Width: 11 3/4" (299mm)
- Lower Bout Width: 16 3/8" (416mm)
- Body Depth Upper Bout: 1 3/4" (44mm)
- Body Depth Lower Bout: 1 3/4" (44mm)
- Body Length: 18 1/4" (464mm)
- Overall Length: 41 1/2" (1055mm)
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 24 3/4" (629mm)
- Neck Shape: Modern Thin "U"
- Nut Width: 1 11/16" (43mm)
- Neck Thickness 1st Fret: 20.5mm
- Neck Thickness 9th Fret: 22.5 mm
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Wrench : 4mm Allen Key
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.5" (320mm)
- Fingerboard Inlays: 5mm Dots - Pearloid
- Frets Total: 22
- Fingerboard Binding: 1.5 mm Ivory ABS
- Color: Cherry Red (CHR)
- Hardware Finish / Plating: Nickel Plated
- Bridge: Guild Tune-O-Matic - Nickel
- Tailpiece: Stopbar Tailpiece - Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Guild Vintage 18 Open Gear Tuners
- Nut Material: Composite
- Strap Buttons: Vintage Pawn
- Pickguard: Black with Guild Logo
- Bridge Pickup: Guild HB-2 Humbucker Nickel - Bridge
- Neck Pickup: Guild HB-2 Humbucker Nickel - Neck
- Pickup Switch: 3-Way Toggle: 1. Bridge - 2. Bridge and Neck - 3. Neck
- Controls: Neck Volume & Tone, Bridge Volume & Tone, 3-way Toggle Pickup Switch, and Push/Pull Coil Split
- Strings: D'Addario EXL115 Nickel Wound, Medium (.011 - .049)
- Case not included
TERRY CARTER MUSIC STORE ADVANTAGE:
- Free Month Premium Membership on Rock Like The Pros Website ($29.95 value) and Uke Like The Pros Website - $29.95 Value
- Each instrument is inspected and played before shipping.
- Free Bob Marley Gig Bag.
- Free Fully Insured US Shipping to Lower 48 States
- Custom Setup RECOMMENDED (See Below)
- Free World Famous Candy Pack
- Free Uke Like The Pros Chord Chart
- Free Uke Like The Pros Microfiber Cloth
- Free Uke Like The Pros Sticker
- Usually Ships in 1-2 Days, Sometimes Same Day.
- Worldwide Fully Insured Shipping Available.
- Guild Backed Warranty
* CUSTOM SETUP - Each Guild comes with a factory setup BUT I strongly recommend adding a setup especially if you want the easiest playability, have arthritis, or are particular about your setups and want a low action (how close the strings are to the fretboard) please click the "ADD Custom Setup" on this page.
* A humidifier is HIGHLY encouraged and RECOMMENDED for warranty issues. No matter where you live humidifiers not only protect your investment but also help the warranty process go smoother because you have taken the steps to ensure the safety and protection of your ukulele. If you ever have to file a claim with Pono the first question they will ask if you have a humidifier.
* Either the Oasis OH-18 (OH-32 for extra dry areas) or the Boveda Humidifier are recommended and available here at Terry Carter Music Store. Click "ADD Humidifier"
* You can simply click the add to order box to add the humidifier.
*A PICKUP (several brands available) - click ADD Pickup . Normal install times are 2-3 weeks. If you want your instrument sooner please use the RUSH pickup option.
* NOTE - You will receive a SIMILAR Guitar in the PHOTOS