The A10 Series features an ebony bridge (matching the fretboard), as well as a real bone nut and a compensated saddle. Compensated saddles help to properly set the intonation of each string. The A10 series uses a pin bridge system, which helps keep the strings properly aligned on the ukulele, as well as to create a break angle over the saddle that transfers vibrations efficiently to the soundboard of the ukulele.
Flight A10 SC Cocobolo Dragon 10th Anniversary Tenor Ukulele "Genesis"
The Flight A10 SC Cocobolo Dragon Tenor Ukulele features an amazing combination of solid tonewoods that look amazing together and sound even better. With a solid Engelmann soundboard and a solid cocobolo back and sides, the main centerpiece of the instrument is a turquoise dragon inlay on the fretboard. The dragon is the symbol of Ljubljana, Slovenia, the home of Flight Ukulele. The instrument also includes a redwood rosette with a Roman numeral “X” inlay for the 10th anniversary. In addition to these features, the instrument also includes a special 10th anniversary headstock, black binding with a thin line of purfling, a pin bridge, Brazilian fluorocarbon strings, and an updated deluxe gig bag. Simply put, this ukulele is a jaw-dropper!
Flight Ukuleles is celebrating its tenth anniversary! Flight has decided to celebrate its tenth anniversary by releasing four amazing tenor ukuleles. While Flight is known for making high quality, affordably ukuleles, these anniversary models represent a new frontier for the company—solid wood ukuleles individually crafted by a master luthier, with a level of craftsmanship, playability, and sound rivaling the finest ukuleles on the planet.
The soundboard pf the A10 SC Cocobolo Dragon 10th Anniversary Tenor Ukulele is made from top grade solid Engelmann Spruce, which produces an open sound with great response. The back and sides of the ukulele are made from cocobolo, beautiful tropical hardwood with a bright tone but with deep resonation. The combination is both visually stunning and audibly pleasing. Each ukulele in our A10 series is handcrafted by a single master luthier.
The neck of the Flight A10 SC Cocobolo Dragon Tenor Ukulele is made of mahogany, so it is very stable and resistant to warping.The fretboard is made of ebony, which is thought to be the finest hardwood for a fingerboard. Ebony gives a clear, crisp attack and offers a slick and fast playing experience. The centerpiece of the neck of the instrument is the dragon inlay, which is the symbol of Ljubljana, Slovenia, the home of Flight Ukulele.
The A10 SC Cocobolo Dragon Tenor Ukulele features a redwood rosette with a special Roman number “X” to represent the 10th anniversary. In addition, the ukulele sports gorgeous black binding highlighted by a stripe of purfling. Absolutely magnificent!
To celebrate our 10th anniversary, we wanted to feature ukuleles with a different headstock, so while the A10 models feature some similarity to our Royal Series, we have adapted the anniversary models with a special twist to make them unique and special.
- Size: Tenor
- Top: Solid
- Engelmann Spruce Top
- Sides and Back:
- Solid Cocobolo
- Scale Length: 17Inches (431 mm)
- Number of Frets: 19
- Fret Joined at Body: 14
- Nut Width: 1.5 Inches (38 mm)
- Neck: Mahogany
- Headstock: Special Anniversary Design
- Dragon Inlay In Neck With
- "X" - 10th Year Anniversary Roman Numeral
- Bridge: Ebony with End Pins
- Nut: Bone
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Redwood
- Binding: Redwood
- Purfling: Redwood
- Brazilian Fluorocarbon
- Pickup: No
- Finish: Gloss
- Made in China
- TUNED: G-C-E-A with High G
- Includes the
- Deluxe Anniversary 20mm Padded Gig
UKE LIKE THE PROS ADVANTAGE:
- Free Month Premium Membership at ukelikethepros.com - $29.95 Value
- 10 Point Inspection On Each Instrument Before Shipping.
- FREE Gig Bag (DISCOUNTED Hard Cases Available)
- Fully Insured US & Worldwide Shipping
- Custom Setups Available (See Below)
- Free World Famous Candy Pack
- Free Uke Like The Pros Chord Chart
- Free Uke Like The Pros Microfiber Cloth
- Free Uke Like The Pros Sticker
- Usually Ships in 1-2 Days, Sometimes Same Day
- Will Ship Fully Insured Anywhere In The World.
- Flight Backed Warranty
* CUSTOM SETUP - Each Flight comes with a factory setup BUT if you are particular about your setups, have arthritis, or want the easiest playability with low action (how close the strings are to the fretboard) please click the "ADD Custom Setup" on this page.
* CASE - You can ADD a RECOMMEND DISCOUNTED Hard Shell Case to protect your new instrument in shipment and beyond. Click the "ADD CASE"
* A humidifier is HIGHLY recommended with all orders. No matter where you live humidifiers not only protect your investment but also help the warranty process go smoother because you have taken the steps to ensure the safety and protection of your ukulele. Click "ADD Humidifier"
*A PICKUP (several brands available) - click ADD Pickup . Normal install times are 2-3 weeks. If you want your instrument sooner please use the RUSH pickup option.
*NOTE - You will the Flight in the PHOTOS