With his ukulele, Peter Moss has been very fortunate to have toured around America and Canada, Australia and New Zealand, throughout Europe and of course good old Blighty! Added to that, he has appeared on BBC television and radio on numerous occasions. Peter’s concerts are engaging, offering a wide range of material from different genres including laid back tunes, intense material and everything in between.
Flight collaborated with Peter Moss, a highly respected and well-known player in the UK ukulele scene, to create a one-of-a-kind ukulele. The Peter Moss signature ukulele reflects everything about Peter’s playing style – sophisticated, precise, warm and unique. Peter, who is also a long-time player of the Flight Spirit Concert model, wanted to keep some of his favorite features of the Spirit like the scalloped cutaway, offset fret markers, active pickup and the famous Flight signature headstock. He then wanted to combine these features with a classic wood combination that isn’t featured on any other Flight ukulele – spruce and mahogany. This combo combines the brightness and projection that you expect from spruce with the warmth and roundness of mahogany – offering the perfect balanced sound. To add to this timeless pairing, the moonburst stain gives this uke a really striking appearance. This ukulele is like an old classic with a modern twist, what more could you ask for?
Flight paired a solid African Mahogany body with a solid Spruce top for a sound that is both traditional and modern. Mahogany is a warm and resonant sounding tonewood with a long heritage in the making of ukuleles. The mahogany body combined with a solid spruce top adds brightness and projection, providing a ukulele that is balanced, responsive, and chimes like a bell!
Spruce, although a great sounding tonewood, can sometimes look quite plain so they decided to ‘spruce’ up the appearance of this ukulele with a dark burst. Imagine a sunburst in black and white and you have ‘moonburst.’ The result is a classic look with a modern twist!
The gorgeous pearloid rosette and white binding tastefully finish off the sophisticated look of this ukulele and add a touch of luxury. The off-set fret markers are eye-catching and are easier to see when playing. Side position markers also add to the ease of reference.
Like many of Flight’s Royal Series from 2020 onwards, the Peter Moss model features a gorgeous chocolatey Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Historically a very popular hardwood for fretted instruments, rosewood can add warmth to the sound of an instrument while lessening harsh higher frequencies of an instrument.
The scalloped cutaway that has been so popular with the Spirit, Mustang and Victoria models was also included in this model. This intelligent design allows for playing up the frets but without the compromise on volume and tone that many full cutaways inflict. It also showcases the absolute craftsmanship and mastery of our luthiers.
The string-through bridge is used on many of Flight’s Royal series ukuleles and is one of the latest ukulele trends. It makes the top resonate better, as the strings are attached directly through the soundboard, and not to the bridge. Changing the strings might seem a bit confusing at first, but actually it is easier – check our YouTube channel for a tutorial on how to change the strings if you are unsure how to do so.
Worth Browns were an obvious choice for this ukulele as they perfectly match the tone and looks of the instrument: offering both a precise clarity with a warmth that is as balanced as the uke itself. The controls for the active pickup are mounted underneath the sound hole, meaning that a cavity does not have to be created on the side of the ukulele for the pickup. The Double C1U is easy to use, and sounds great!
Flight’s now famous signature headstock is bold and striking, infusing innovation into all the benefits of a slotted headstock. Its round, airy shape not only looks amazing, it also makes the headstock lighter than most. You will certainly be turning heads…and tuners..with this headstock.
All of Flight’s Royal series ukuleles come with a luxury red gig bag with a purple infusion. Associated with royalty, this regal color adds a final touch to our Royal Series. The bag features 20mm padding which is thick and will ensure good protection for your uke.
- Body Shape: Concert
- Top: Solid Spruce with Darkburst Stain
- Back & Side: Solid Mahogany
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Total Frets: 17
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Nut Width: 36mm
- Strings: Worth Brown
- Offset Position Markers: 3th, 5th, 7th, 10th, 12th and 15th frets.
- Cutaway: Scalloped
- Bridge: String-through bridge
- Strings: Worth strings
- Pickup: Active Double C1U
- Deluxe 20mm Padded Gig Bag Included
- Made in China
- TUNED: G-C-E-A with HIGH G
TERRY CARTER MUSIC STORE ADVANTAGE:
- Free Month Membership at Uke Like The Pros ($29.95 Value) AND at Rock Like The Pros ($29.95 Value)
- Each Instrument Inspected and Played Before Shipping
- FREE Flight Padded Gig Bag (DISCOUNTED Hard Cases Available)
- Fully Insured US & Worldwide Shipping
- Custom Setups Available (See Below)
- Free World Famous Candy Pack
- Free Uke Like The Pros Chord Chart
- Free Uke Like The Pros Microfiber Cloth
- Free Uke Like The Pros Sticker
- Usually Ships in 1-2 Days, Unless Custom Work Added
- Will Ship Fully Insured Anywhere In The World.
- Flight Backed Warranty
* CUSTOM SETUP - Each Flight comes with a factory setup BUT I strongly recommend adding a setup especially if you want the easiest playability, have arthritis, or are particular about your setups and want a low action (how close the strings are to the fretboard) please click the "ADD Custom Setup" on this page.
* REQUIRED FOR WARRANTY - I cannot stress how important a humidifier is and I HIGHLY encourage you to get one. No matter where you live humidifiers not only protect your investment but also help the warranty process go smoother because you have taken the steps to ensure the safety and protection of your ukulele. If you ever have to file a claim the first question they will ask if you have a humidifier.
*A PICKUP (several brands available) - click ADD Pickup . Normal install times vary. If you need your instrument sooner please use the RUSH pickup option.
* NOTE - You will receive the Flight in the PHOTOS
* Product may be shipped in manufacturing packaging to reduce waste.